Sunday, October 6, 2013

Arrived in Hawaii

I arrived in Hawaii October 2nd. It was a long day traveling from southern Indiana and there's a six hour time difference. I just got access to WiFi so I can start making posts. Hawaii is very beautiful and I'm still in awe of the scenery! It seems like a very good environment for honeybees.

I started work the day after arriving; checking the queens in the banks, keeping up the cell builders, preparing the cellbars for the grafts, as well as feeding the artificially insememinated breeder queens.

I'm still trying to figure out how everything is run in this huge operation, but as stated before, Hawaii is a great environment for beekeeping and queen production, and the people are great!

Will post more when I have time, until then here are some pictures of the scenery:




No comments:

Post a Comment